Our Home Providers set their own rent. For the last two years, the program's average rent has been $650/month with 5 hours of service exchange per week. This is an additional $7,800 per year!
Home sharing is great way to bring life into your home. All of our matches are based off of “goodness of fit” meaning we look at personality, lifestyle, hobbies and interests to match you with someone you’d get along with.
Many of our Home Seekers come to the program because they enjoy helping others. Usually the more service exchange and help with daily tasks the less the rent is.
Sunshine Home Share verifies each person that enters our program, assessing for mental health, financial health, and completing reference and background checks.
- Home Providers must be above the age of 55, our youngest Home Provider has been 55 years old and our oldest Home Provider has been 100 years old.
- Home Providers’ utilities, property taxes, and mortgage/rent payments must be in good standing and the home cannot be in jeopardy of foreclosure or eviction.
- Home Providers must have all working large appliances and have a bedroom for the Home Seeker to use.
- Home Providers must provide 3 verifiable references.
- Home Providers home must be located in Metro Denver or in Colorado Springs.
We consider Metro Denver to be the cities of Arvada, Aurora, Broomfield, Centennial, Commerce City, Denver, Edgewater, Englewood, Golden, Greenwood Village, Lakewood, Littleton, Northglenn, Thornton, Westminster, or Wheat Ridge.
- Home Providers must use their home as their primary residence.